I was born in Iloilo City, Republic of the Philippines, back when we still used cassette tapes for aerobic classes 😉 I am an only child, blessed with a heritage of sports and dance. My paternal grandparents were ballroom dance champions post-WW2, while my parents remain the unbeatable team in Philippine amateur table tennis history.
I have studied the disciplines of ballet, Polynesian and standard & Latin ballroom dance. I appeared on television at the age of four dancing to “Footloose” and I never looked back 😉 I started choreographing pop and retro dances at the age of eight. I also learned gymnastic skills to improve my agility and flexibility as a dancer. I have interpreted and performed freestyle, jazz, Philippine folk, street/hiphop, K-pop, belly dance, Latin, and many others through the years.
I fell in love with martial arts when I was very young, and that was actually the beginning of my journey to where I am now. I studied Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do, Karate, Arnis, Taekwondo, Boxing, Wing Chun and Hung-Gar Kung Fu with various mentors. I have Degrees in Wushu Sanshou (Combative) and Wushu Tai Chi (Soft Forms) from the Philippine Wushu Federation, through Iloilo Tinagan School of Martial Arts.
In sports, I have actively participated in table tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and distance running. I even won a national 3k silver medal from the Philippine Sports Commission.
To improve my overall physical conditioning, I started working out and attending aerobics classes in the gym when I was fourteen, greatly encouraged by my father. I started teaching Cardio Wushu/Kickboxing and AeroDance classes in 2006 at the Asian Entertainment Exponent School of the Performing Arts.
In 2007, my husband and I moved abroad. I continued my individual and group fitness endeavours all over the world. Since then, I have taught people of all ages, from all walks of life.
In the more erudite aspects, I am a multi-awarded fiction and poetry writer, having been recognised by the Estevan Javellana Foundation, the Philippine Information Agency, GLITTER Magazine, MOD Filipina Magazine, and the Philippine Star. My work has been published widely in the Philippines, some adapted onto the stage.
I completed a Business Administration Degree, major in Marketing, I am completing a Masters in Public Administration, major in Human Resource Development.
– Certified Piloxing instructor
– Certified TRX Suspension and Group Suspension Trainer
– Certified Bokwa Fitness Instructor
– Certified Group Exercise Leader – MEFITPRO, approved by American Council of Exercise and UAE Register of Exercise Professionals
– Certified in CPR, AED & First Aid
– Degrees in Combative Wushu & Tai Chi Qi Gong – Iloilo Tinagan School of Martial Arts, Philippine Wushu Federation
– Popular Ballroom Dance – University of the Philippines
– Social Recreation: Dance – University of the Philippines
– Foundations of Physical Fitness – University of the Philippines
Les Mills International
– BodyBalance/BodyFlow (Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates & Dance)
– RPM (Cycling)
– Basic Steps Level 1
– Basic Steps Level 2
– Zumba in the Circuit
– Aqua Zumba
– Zumba Core
– Zumba Glutes
– Zumba Kids & Zumba Kids Jr.
– Zumba Step
– Zumba Burst
– Les Mills BodyBalance/BodyFlow
– Les Mills RPM
– Zumba Fitness
– Zumba Step
– Aqua Zumba
– Zumba Kids
– Zumba in the Circuit
– Piloxing SSP
– TRX Group Suspension: Body Blast & Circuit
– Bokwa Fitness
– Step Aerobics
– Kung-Fu / Wushu
– TaeBo / MMA Aerobics
– Boxing & Kickboxing
– Tai Chi (Yang)
– Cardio Dance
– Body Toning and Conditioning
– Fat and Abs Attack
– Ballet and Jazz Fitness
– Personal Training (Specialisations: Ladies, Youth, Weight Loss/Management)
– Zumba Burst (2015) – Online continuing education
– Piloxing SSP (2014) – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– Les Mills BodyBalance/BodyFlow Initial Module Training (2014) – Dubai, UAE
– Zumba Step (2014) – Dubai, UAE
– Zumba in the Circuit (2014) – Online continuing education
– CPR, AED & First Aid (2013) – Muscat, Oman
– Zumba Kids & Zumba Kids Jr (2013) – Online continuing education
– Zumba Glutes (2013) – Online continuing education
– ZumbAtomic (2013) – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– Aqua Zumba (2013) – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– TRX Group Suspension Training Course (2013) – Dubai, UAE
– Les Mills RPM Initial Module Training (2013) – Dubai, UAE
– TRX Suspension Training Course (2013) – Bangkok, Thailand
– Bokwa Fitness Level 1 (2013) – Singapore
– Zumba Core (2013) – Online continuing education
– Zumba Fitness Basic Steps Level 2 (2013) – Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
– Group Exercise Leader (2012) – MEFITPRO/ACE, Dubai, UAE
– Zumba Fitness Basic Steps Level 1 (2012) – Dubai, UAE
– Health, Safety and Environment (2012) – Muscat, Oman
– Child Protection (2012) – Muscat, Oman
– Wushu Sanshou and Tai Chi, Karate & Arnis (2005-2007) – Iloilo City, Philippines
– Kung Fu, Hung Gar style (2005-2006) – Iloilo City, Philippines
– Physical Education Foundation (1997-1999) – University of the Philippines
– Ballroom and Modern Dance (1997-1999) – University of the Philippines
– Ballet, Jazz, Polynesian, Hawaiian and Gymnastics – Iloilo City, Philippines
– International Fitness Presenter (2012-present): I travel all over the world to promote healthy lifestyle awareness through daily fitness activities. This is my lifelong cause and advocacy! Invite me to your country for a talk and/or a master class.
– Volunteer: RAHRC Fitness, Muscat, Oman (2014-2017)
– Group Exercise Leader: The Camel Club, Shatti Qurum, Muscat, Oman (2012-2014)
– Group Exercise Leader: SB Al Khuwair Ladies & Kids Club, Muscat, Oman (2012)
– Group Exercise Instructor and Personal Trainer: Hammer Gym Al Khuwair, Muscat, Oman (2007-2008)
– Dance and Group Exercise Instructor: Asian Entertainment Exponent School of the Performing Arts (Iloilo and Manila), Philippines (2006-2007)
– Cardio Wushu Instructor: Department of the Interior and Local Government, Iloilo City, Philippines (2004-2006)
– Freelance Dance and Aerobics Instructor: Iloilo City, Philippines (1998-2004)